If your school can demonstrate a real need - including but not limited to high free-reduced lunch rates or Title I designation - we'd like to talk to you about how we can support your students and staff.
Activate Good is a Raleigh-based 501c3 nonprofit working to connect volunteers to the Triangle-area causes that need them. Our team has worked with many schools in the Triangle over the years to support them through volunteer projects sponsored by our partners. Past projects benefiting schools and youth-facing organizations include:
- school beautification (painting classrooms, landscaping and mulching, library makeover and reorganization, etc.)
- environmental education installments (bird observation areas, pollinator gardens, rain barrels, etc.)
- teacher and student support (summer literacy kits, student supply kits, teacher appreciation kits, weekend meal kits, etc.)
How it works:
- A sponsor (company or other group with a budget) reaches out to Activate Good in search of a project with specifications such as a date, cause interest, number of volunteers, geographical restrictions, etc.
- Activate Good gauges interest from community (nonprofit / school) partners that may meet these specifications.
- When a community partner expresses interest in being a beneficiary, Activate Good may need to confirm with the sponsor that this organization/project will meet their specifications.
- Once a project is confirmed, Activate Good serves as the liaison between the community partner and the sponsor prior to the project, and provides project management support while working with the community partner to plan and manage the project from start to finish.
There is no cost to the school or county/district. For school districts with guidelines or requirements for paint, mulch types, installations, and more - Activate Good will work with you within the budget available to create a fresh, safe student environment.
Help us to help you. Communicating your needs in advance means we can keep you in mind. LET US KNOW YOUR SCHOOL'S NEEDS NOW: SUBMIT THIS FORM!
Need more info about becoming the beneficiary of a sponsored project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and Activate Good will get back to you.
Durham, Orange, Wake